There’s something magical about the bridging months between Winter and Summer.
Spring brings with it a burst of excitement and hope. And Autumn, is a quiet retreat, a season of textures, scents and the need for coziness and warmth.
Autumn is the season I want to take long hot baths in the morning, go on a knitwear shopping spree and light candles. Thoughts of baking and comfort cooking fill my mind and I start planning the long list of gifts I need to get (my family all have autumn/winter birthdays!).
So, in the spirit of embracing Autumn I’ve made a list of 16 things I want to do this year. I’d love to hear your Autumnal to-do list too!
Let’s embrace Autumn! #slowautumn
16 things to do in Autumn:
- Knit something I would actually wear, and finish it!-Update, I’m almost finished project one-a bobble hat!
- Make something desirable for a Xmas gift.
- Do some beautiful autumnal arrangements for the house.
- Buy cosy pajamas.
- Read a (new) book a month-I’m planning a Persephone binge.
- Go ice-skating.
- Go on long walks with Scrumpy.
- Make the garden beautiful, even in winter. I’m planning on reading this book for inspiration.
- Have more baths.
- Buy a cosy coat- I hate being cold but always end up wearing freezing coats!
- Get my hair cut to a scarf friendly length. Maybe it’s time to lob off a few inches and have a ombre break!
- Go to the ballet (Swan Lake or Nutcracker please!).
- Make my own blend of raw hot chocolate!
- Keep up daily exercise even though it’s chilly!
- Visit my sister in London and go for crisp walks around the city.
- Refresh my wardrobe for the coming months.