It’s time for another Wellington Challenge here at Terriers & Tweeds! After the success of the Sporting Hares Field Sports we decided to give their more glam Ascot a go…
Click above to watch the quick review, or carry on reading to get the full review.
Sporting Hares is a quintessential country brand based in Wales. Renowned for their preppy sunglasses, they now make hardwearing wellingtons and clothing. Their Field Sport boot is a previous Wellington Challenge favourite-read the review here.
The Ascot wellington is an eye-catching high gloss boot with a classic design. It comes in three colours; Electric Blue, Apple Green and Cherry Red. £40.
The packaging is gorgeous for Sporting Hares boots, the boots themselves are a very high gloss finish, so ideal for a country fair, festival or walks to the local pub. You will definitely stand out in these! The design is really classic which I loved, making the colour the only “different” element. The supportive ankle and fit makes them comfortable to wear.
The Wellington Test-Pros/Cons:
- +Very comfortable-easy to put on and feel secure.
- +A high quality weighty feel and quality finish.
- +A decent grip, suitable for moderate conditions.
- +Good ankle support
- -Only a high gloss finish and three colours-would be great to have more options.
- +A good length.
- -Unsuitable for practical country activities, in my opinion, due to high gloss and bright colours.
- +Excellent value for money
- +Good standard sizing. I took my normal size.
Terriers & Tweeds Wellington Challenge Rating Sporting Hares Ascot=8/10
Conclusion: If your looking for a fashionable wellington that retains a classic appearance then these boots would make a great choice. A wonderful present due to the great packaging. A fun, pretty boot with tons of practical details and very comfy. Great value.
Already have a pair? Let me know your score for the Sporting Hares in the comments below!