10 Slow Living Tips for Spring
Spring is here finally and I’ve begun swapping the long afternoons in front of the log fire for brighter ones gardening and getting out in nature. I thought I would share my top ten slow living tips with you to bring a bit of seasonal hygge to Spring! Ps-have you checked out my seasonal guides on itunes? There’s loads of ideas for seasonal food, what to see in nature each month and much more.
- Set up a Bat Box to encourage bats to roost. That is if you’re not afraid of them!
- Make some homemade raw chocolate to celebrate Easter! Here’s my favourite recipe.
- Plant some early potatoes in a container. They’ll crop much faster this way and also is an easy gardening project to do with limited space and with kids.
- Go on the hunt for a bluebell wood. Head over to the National Trust or Coilte website for details.
- Try your hand at making some homemade wild garlic pesto. It’s easy to do and a brilliant way of using up the prolific wild garlic.
- Keep an eye out for those spring nettles and freeze batches of them once blanched.
- Fill your home with seasonal blooms such as daffodils, cultivated primroses, branches of blossom and the first of the tulips.
- Plan your summer staycation-if you’re planning on vacationing at home this year then begin planning where you’ll stay, eat and visit during this time. I have a blog post all about staycations so be sure to check that out.
- Spring clean your home! And while your at it ditch the toxic cleaners for something a bit more natural. Here’s an easy recipe for an all purpose cleaner…
- While your in the mood for spring cleaning, why not create you Spring capsule wardrobe. Check out my Slow Style series for tips and check out some ethical brands while you’re at it!